Quality Control Scientist
A QC Scientist is required for a permanent position with High Force Research based at Bowburn (Durham). HFR’s core expertise is in chemical research and development, process optimisation, route design, scale-up and high-quality manufacture of niche, low volume, high value materials including GMP manufacture of novel API’s for clinical study.
The main area of business is predominantly in the life sciences sector including pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostics and imaging, however, work also extends into other sectors such as nanoparticles, polymers, paints, semiconductors and fine chemicals.
In this new role, the QC Scientist duties will include;
- Analysis of raw materials, intermediates, in-process control samples, final bulk and reference materials.
- Perform routine testing in compliance with laboratory procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance and Verification/Qualification of equipment
- Generation and recording of data to written standard analytical methods.
- Assist in the delivery of CAPA and deviation investigation
- General laboratory housekeeping
Techniques routinely used at HFR are as follows; HPLC (Assay and % area), GLC (Headspace and liquids), NMR (1H and 13C), FT-IR, Karl Fischer, UV and classical techniques such as titration, sulphated ash and loss on drying.
If you would like to apply for this role you should meet the following criteria;
- Demonstration of previous analytical laboratory experience from a similar role ideally to a quality standard such as GMP.
- A practical knowledge of HPLC and other basic chemical analysis techniques.
- A BSc degree in chemistry or a related subject or equivalent industrial experience
- Attention to detail and strong communication, organisation and time management skills.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer an attractive benefits package that offers a competitive salary (depending on experience) including a productivity bonus scheme, flexible working hours, contributory pension, life assurance, and holiday allowance with buyback scheme.